Patrick gave us a beautiful message about "Straight Forward & To The Point" and about wisdom and understanding. His mom, Linda Cannon, was here visiting from Texarkana!
Richard Logan led lots of our old favorite songs and got everyone to sing about letting their "little light shine"! After services were over, I was walking outside with the PJC Lady Dragons basketball team...those girls started singing "This Little Light of Mine" and were harmonizing so beautifully! That was so inspiring! Paris is so blessed to have these girls representing us! And, how wonderful is it that, their coach, Sean LeBeauf, is a Christian man, making such an impact on a big group of kids like that?
PRAISE: As mentioned above, the PJC Lady Dragons team visited with us today. At the invitation, 6 of the girls went forward to support 2 of the girls with prayer requests. Ashley Washington's Mom, Velma, has cancer. Brittney Gaines friend, Tyra, is having health problems also.
PRAYERS: Stacey & Chase Wood, went forward this morning asking for prayers for their family, specifically for Mallory. Mallory is bio-polar and has been admitted to Timberlawn Hospital in Dallas for help with her disorder and medications.
CONGRATULATIONS: Johnny & Pat Houser are celebrating their 60th anniversary with a reception next Saturday afternoon at LACOC from 2-4pm. They will also be renewing their wedding vows.
WELCOME: To Linda Hostetler who wishes to work with LACOC. Linda is the aunt of James Hanley.
- Allen Jumper will have his heart by-pass surgery in the morning at Presbyterian/Dallas.
- Sherry Welch will be having surgery in the morning (Monday 11/2) on her shoulder.
- Dorothy Pearce told me this morning that Jerry Pearce has lost the vision in his left eye. Last week he had some other complications due to his stroke. The eye has an artery that has blocked.
- Tammy Huffman asked for prayers for Sam Warren (her step-dad). He will be having throat surgery on Nov. 18th. (Tonsils removed and another mass.)
- Troy & Claudia Roberts were expecting their first baby on November 15th. She lost the baby yesterday. (Claudia is Amber Offutt's sister.) Claudia is in PRMC/North.
- Jamilyn (Garrett) Campbell is 5 weeks pregnant. This is a high-risk pregnancy since she has Type 1 diabetes. Her husband called Curtis last night and said that she was having some complications and the doctors have put her on bed-rest.
- An employee of Campbell Soup, Jim Cox, was found dead at his desk this morning..
- Lillian Taylor is still having health problems.
- Jean King is continuing her re-hab in the Select Hospital in Dallas.
- Curtis & Kristi Garrett will be traveling this week to Ft. Benning, Georgia to see their son, Landon, graduate from boot camp. Please keep kthem in prayer as they travel.
- Anna Zant would like prayers for family issues.
- Phyllis Giguere asked that we pray for her parents, the Lovell's, and her brother David, for healing.
- Debra Usry asked for prayers for Charlie & Barbie and kids, as they prepare to move to Sulphur Springs. She asked for prayers also for Linda & Doug Lay on the death of their granddaughter, Ashley Bryan. Ashley also leaves behind a 2 yr old son.
- Johnny Houser asked for prayers for Kathy McFarland, who is a co-owner of Catering For You. She suffered a stroke.
- John Welch Jr. is in his final days. He continues to be in a hospital in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Mindy Bulls asked for prayers for Sarah Maple. She will be going back to the Mayo Clinic for experimental treatment on her brain tumor.
- Chuck Brazile asked for continued success of his daughter, Savannah, in her studies and blessings on her children.
- John & Cynthia Williams asked for prayers of their 2 yr old nephew, Emmett Williams, as he will be heading back to Kansas City for tests and to have bone marrow harvested and starting his third round of chemo.
- Janet Christ asked that we pray for their son Aaron as he is traveling back to Harding University today.
- Lindsay McCarter asked that we pray for Ricky, Missy & Meghan Gillean. Their daughter/sister, Lauren, passed away this past week.
- Dianna Welch is continuing to have health problems and medication issues. She will be seeing a new doctor tomorrow.
PANTRY NEEDS: Dry Cereals & 1 pound pkgs. of dry pinto beans
Keep The Date
Nov 5: Men’s “42” Night
Nov 8: Bridal shower for Joel McGee & Dori Tye.
Nov 20-22: Family Retreat
Nov 24: Midweek Service
Nov 29: 5th Sunday and Potluck
Dec 3: Ladies Ornament Exchange
Dec 13: Secret Sister Tea