Sunday, July 22, 2018
Saturday, July 21, 2018
Friday, July 20, 2018
Thursday, July 19, 2018
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Johnny North (Derald Bulls' friend) had triple by-pass surgery yesterday afternoon at the Heart Hospital in Plano. His surgery was a total success. By midnight they'd removed all tubes. By 4am they had him up walking! Continue to remember Johnny and his family in your prayers.
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Our condolences to Leslie Keele and her family on the passing of her grandfather, Bill Loyd, on Sunday, July 15th. The family will receive friends from 6:00 to 8:00 pm on Tuesday, July 17th a Bill's home, 2721 Charter House Drive in Abilene. Funeral services will be at 10:00 am on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at The Hamil Family Funeral Home, 6449 Buffalo Gap Road. Burial will follow in Elmwood Memorial Park.
I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.
But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The Garden Club Gossips, the thieves
The liars and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.
Bob, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear Your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.
'And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said,
'they're all in shock.
No one thought they'd be seeing you.'
Romans 12:3 (NIV)For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.
*Artwork by: Morgan Penn
Monday, July 16, 2018
Sunday, July 15, 2018
CONTINUE TO REMEMBER THESE FAMILIES....
- Gail Clarke's family and friends on her passing
- Lucy Staley and Kathy Grigsby on the passing of Harley.
- Mark Welch and Diane McFadden on the passing of their mother, Lillian Welch.
- Linda Strickland on the passing of her brother, Wendell Willis Hamil.
- Sherry Welch and family on the passing of her sister-in-law Jeanie Cross.
Ashtin Stutsman, daughter of Penny and Art Stutsman was baptized by Jared this morning. Her grandparents are Bill and Nadra Tribbey.
Thursday, July 12, 2018
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Monday, July 9, 2018
- Mark Welch and Diane McFadden's Mother, Lillian Welch, passed away early this morning.
- Sherry Welch's sister-in-law, Jeannie Cross, was in a car accident a few weeks ago and passed away on Saturday from the injuries she sustained.
- Linda Strickland's brother, Wendall Willis Hamil, passed away last week. Please keep Linda as well as other family members, Dorothy Hamil, Annetta Cooke and Joyce Basinger in your prayers as well.
- David and Amber Beyleran are proud to announce the arrival of Alden William Beyleryan! He was born Thursday July 5th.
- Tiffany Page is proud to announce the arrival of Charley Isabel Page! She was born on Tuesday July 3rd.
- Cynthia Norris asked for prayers for her mother-in-law, Mary Norris. She was in an automobile accident.
Friday, July 6, 2018
Thursday, July 5, 2018
Please keep the Page Family In your prayers...Charley was born on Tuesday and has been flown to Dallas.
Tiffany posted on Tuesday that Charley Isabel Page was born at 7:55am on July 3rd. She took on fluid upon delivery and is on oxygen and IV fluids until further notice.
Tiffany posted this morning that Charley was flown to Dallas this morning. She stated that "I am at such a loss for words for this post, except to please continue to pray for her and us! Thank you to everyone who has reached out to us! It means a lot!"
Lorie updated at 9pm: We made it home!! Allie is resting in her clean room that her sister cleaned for her. She's very tired of course. I came home to a sweet little angel boy that's walking all over the place. He's asleep in his Grammys arms right now. So great to be home. One of the most terrifying things I've ever been through. Thanks to you all for all the prayers.
Lori Campbell posted this PRAISE report: "Hallelujah. We are more than likely getting to come home today (Thursday). Thanks to everyone who has visited, prayed , texted and called us. We really do appreciate everything. She will get her picc line out tomorrow and the meds she still takes can be orally. We will have to see the opthamologist before we can leave. Thanks to the NL band and band directors for letting her friends face time her during the parade so she felt included. She had the biggest smile the whole time. What a birthday gift for me, to have my family back together and in time for Lincolns birthday party Saturday."
Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Update on Gail, as of July 2: The Dr said the Chemo had not worked. He advised that she be put on Hospice as there was no cure. This means that she will no longer receive blood, platelets, or medications and will be in the hands of God. They will keep her comfortable. The social worker said she is contacting a hospice in Dallas. Her condition is such that she needs to remain in Dallas. Pray that her passing will be easy and pray for her friends as they go through this difficult time.
Monday, July 2, 2018
Lorie Campbell posted this update tonight: Thanks to everyone who had called and texted and posted checking on Allie. It means the world to us and has kept up keeping on keeping on. We had the best day yet today. Allie has only had to take pain meds twice in the last 24 hours. Her walking has gotten a little stronger. She worked with a physical therapist today that will continue while were here. Once we leave we will have to continue with a child's PT in McKinney for a bit. Her neurologist said she is confident that her eyesight will be completely restored when the swelling is gone. Now that she is feeling a little better she is really getting homesick. We went to the Zone which is a place in the hospital for kids to go and do crafts and play games. Of course we go because that's where Van is. Van is the hospitals golden retriever. He has been our lifesaver here. He loves to cuddle. We've had company today and has helped her mood as well. She talked to her sister for a bit. She said she missed Averie and Lincoln so bad and even misses Seth. Ha she will finish up with her meds on Wednesday. The doctors want to observe her for 48 hours afterwards so we're looking at maybe coming home on Friday. Yay!!! I was hoping for a little sooner but will take that. Much love too you all. Hopefully will see you all Friday
Sunday, July 1, 2018
- Butch Mills passed away on June 20. His services were this past Monday. Please keep Betsy, Kristi, Keith and their families in your prayers.
- Shelia Nabors, Johnny and Loretta Nabors sister-in-law, passed away this past week. Her funeral service was on Friday.
- Linda Strickland's brother, Wendell Willis Hamil, passed away last Wednesday.
- Jean Anthony was able to be with us today!!
- Christopher Hudson has been at Scout Camp this past week. They saw leadership abilities in him and asked him to be a staff member! We are so proud of you Chris!