Sunday, April 17, 2011
Weekly Update - 4/17 - 11:13pm
Step out of your comfort zone this week....invite someone to come to church with you this next week. 70% of those you ask WILL COME!
Please keep the following in your prayers:
• Alan Boyd will have surgery on his foot, next Wednesday (4/27). Sherrie sent this message: "The orthopedic doctor is going to work with his tendons to pull his foot flat and straight, so he will not be walking on the side of his foot. It will be day surgery, if he doesn't have any complications." Isn't this amazing? God is working through doctors and nurses and bringing many blessings!
• Shane Boswell (son of Mike and Debbie) fell yesterday, on his head, and is in a Dallas hospital.
• Tammy Huffman has some family issues that she would like you to keep on your hearts.
• Continue to remember the Greer/Blount family as they are grieving the loss of Chase last week.
• Mierlan Payne has been having some back/hip problems.
• Kevin Wood's Dad, William, is having heart problems, and Stacie's Mom, Barbara Campbell, is in the hospital with pneumonia.
• Jerome Pipkins (Lindsay McCarter's co-worker @ Justiss Elementary) was diagnosed with Hodgkin's last week.
• Paula Welch (Kristy Anthony's Mom) is having tests done soon on a cyst found on her liver and needs gallbladder surgery.
• Chris Brown's friends, Kyle and Glenda Thompson, lost their home to fire last Sunday morning. Kyle is the postmaster at Bogata.
• Wayne Kerby asked that we remember Russ Manweflon. He's moved to Paris, seeking work, searching God's word for directions.
• Wayne also listed Todd Morrison and his family, as they lost a portion of their home to the storm this week.
• It was so good to see the whole Offutt family at worship today...although a sad occasion for them. Amber's step-mom, Suzanne Connerly, passed away this past week. Her services are tomorrow in Cooper.
• Carole Anderson's friend, Steve Cope, is having internal bleeding.
• Cynthia Williams received an answered prayer with a job in Princeton!!
Congratulations to Brad and Gwen Ann Shelton on the birth of their granddaughter, Callie Ann Hayes. She was born this past Wednesday and weighed 8 pounds 5 ounces and was 20 inches long. Very proud parents are Sam & Julie Hayes.
Congratulations to Destiny Smith, PJC Lady Dragon basketball player! She made All Regional AND All Conference recently!
PRAISE! Scott Cox (had a stroke a few weeks back) will be released from the hospital on Tuesday!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! To those of you who have prayed for me and given me SO much encouragement during the last few months! This has been an incredible, life-changing blessing! Thank you for the comments today, on my new "look"! (Although I do worry about YOUR sight now! haha!) The last surgery was to take a cataract off my "good" eye and it is healing really well! I go back on the 29th for more testing on the "bad" eye and discuss the next step. There is STILL hope and faith that I will receive MORE sight! MANY thanks to Kathy Daniels for keeping you updated over the last 2 weeks! God is SO good!
LTC participants, parents and coaches will be in Dallas this Friday and Saturday for competition. If you can help offset the cost of 2 meals, by bringing food items for them to take with them, it would be GREATLY appreciated! Please bring the items to Tanya's office or put them in the refrigerator and mark the sack "LTC". Please and thank you! Keep these folks in your prayers as they travel to and from Dallas and while they are there.
H.A.L.O. (Helping Another Loving Others) will meet this Tuesday night at 6:00 p.m. in the OutReach Bldg. Bring a favorite finger food, games, and something for the benevolence pantry. Bring a friend and get ready to have some laughs and a good time!
Our summer interns will be here soon! (Can't believe it's that time already!) Andy Garner, from Greenville and Miss Alex Freeman from Mt. Pleasant will both be graduating from Harding in May. There is a need for housing for Alex. If you, or someone you know, can help with this please let Derald or Patrick know.
W.I.N.G.S.: There will be "Tea" on Thursday night, April 28th from 6:30pm - 8:30pm, in the OutReach Bldg. The purpose of this night is to familiarize our ladies with the opportunities available to be in God's service at LACOC and reach out to others. Sign-up sheet at the Welcome Center.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT SIMPLE SUPPER: This weeks' entree is Fajitas! If you were not able to sign up today, you may call the church office, by NOON on Tuesday, to sign up to eat with us. Still only $2.
PANTRY NEEDS: 1 pound bags of dry beans and/or rice.
KEEP THE DATE:
Apr 19: H.A.L.O.
Apr 20: Youth Group - Bible Character Theme
Apr 22: LACOC Office CLOSED for Good Friday
Apr 22-24: LTC/Arlington
Apr 24: LTC Celebration
Apr 28: W.I.N.G.S. Ladies Tea
May 1: Bridal Shower for Chelsie Shackleford @ 1:30
May 6-7-8: Hispanic Gospel Meeting
May 9: Red River Golf Classic (benefiting Christian Homes & Family Services)
May 22: Faithful Readers
May 25: Blood Drive
June 19-26: Mission Trip to Brazil
June 20-23: Camp Deer Run - Day Camp
Sept 7: Blood Drive
Nov 9: Blood Drive