I loved Patrick's lesson this morning on the "Final Instructions" from Jesus as he was about to ascend into heaven. In Luke 24:36 Jesus stands among them and says "Peace be with you"....or as the Preacherman said "PEACE Y'ALL".
- Butch Mills is in PRMC/South - Room 627. He was admitted on Friday with breathing problems.
- Bethany Holland is still in some pain, after a procedure last week to have her baby turned from the breech position. Please pray that this little boy will stay turned this way!
- Roxanne Raper will have surgery on her other foot and will be having the screws removed from the heel, from the initial surgery, next Friday (4/27) in Dallas.
- Nancy Jones is now at home recovering, and doing well, from surgery.
- Jillian Usry asked for prayers for herself for strength as she deals with her health and for her search to follow God. She's will start a bible study with Mike Grigsby this week.
- Cheryl Bullard is having health issues.
- Pauline Burton, the mother of Jennie Rushin who passed away recently, is in need of our prayers and encouragement. She is taking care of the 3 children, while Ricky is working. (If you'd like to have her address to send cards, please e-mail me.)
- Brenda Coplin has cancer and is near the end of her life. (Her husbands is Ricky)
- Aubrey McNutt (JoAnn Wood's brother-in-law), has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. He also has two spots on his lungs now so no telling what their fixing to go through!!
- Diane Friar, is in PRMC/South Room 529.
CONGRATULATIONS to Hamilton and Jessica Doty. They are the proud parents of a baby girl born on Friday. Hannah Kate weighed in at 8 pounds and is 21 3/4 inches long! VERY proud grandparents are Gerald and Mary Doty.
CONGRATULATIONS to Jenna and Clinton Farrell. They are the parents of a baby son born April 11th. Luke Wyatt weighed in at 2 pounds and is 14 1/2 inches long. Allen and Nikki Beeler are the VERY proud grandparents. (He is doing very well!
CONGRATULATIONS to Herschel and Lee McClain on 50 years of marriage!!
CONGRATULATIONS to Trevor Pringle as he will graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Harding University on May 5th.
New Directory Photo Sign-up: Please click on this link to go directly to the Lifetouch website. You can set up your family appointment in about 2 minutes! You pick the day and the time and then they give you very clear instructions to follow. Very simple!
Each family will receive a free directory and a $10 gift certificate toward the purchase of any extra photographs. We will also have "Pantry Bags" available if you choose to donate to our benevolence pantry. Those bags have an extra $5 gift certificate printed on them. No purchase or donation is required for your family to be in the directory.It is VERY important that your information is updated. Please make sure that you make contact with one of the volunteers sitting in the foyer on Wednesday or Sunday.
MISSION TRIPS: We have 3 of our young ladies who will be going on mission trips this summer... McKenna Jones will be going to Africa in May for 3 weeks, Paige Shaw (Danny and Mindy Bulls' daughter) will be going to Japan and Bailey Cannon will be going to Zambia in July for 2 1/2 weeks.
BLOOD DRIVE: THIS Wednesday, April 25th from 4-8pm in the Outreach Building.
SPRING FLING: Saturday April 28th at the Woodall Ranch. Sign-up at the Welcome Center to help with food. Kool-Aid and hotdogs will be provided.
SIMPLE SUPPER: This weeks' entree is Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches. These wonderful meals are still only $2. If you didn't sign up, this morning, and would like to join us for food and fellowship, call the church office by noon on Tuesday.
BENEVOLENCE CLOTHES CLOSET: Now accepting summer clothing only. Please make sure your donations are clean, folded and/or placed on hangers.
PANTRY NEEDS: Canned Meat
KEEP THE DATE:
April 25: Blood Drive - 4-8pm
April 28: Spring Fling at Woodall Ranch
Apr 29: Eastern European Missions Special Contribution
May 6: Family LIFE Groups
May 8-12 and 16-19: Lifetouch Directory Pictures
May 11-13: Junior High Retreat
May 18: Senior Trip
May 20: Senior Sunday
May 23: Shepherd Clusters
June 10: Faithful Readers
June 18-21: CDR Day Camp
Love you - MEAN IT!