Friday, March 15, 2013

Update on Kristi Anthony - 3/15

Posted by Jay last night:  "I've been very neglectful to you all recently with my updates and for that I apologize. I could make excuses because we have been overwhelmingly busy BUT that would be an excuse. 
The truth is that Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation is a slow and difficult process and the baby step progress is often followed by long periods of level ground and even some st backs. So I haven't had much to report and we do get emotionally drained at times. 
Kristi is progressing, slowly but SURELY and always with God's healing hand on her life. We still don't know what time frame we are dealing with or what the future holds for the boys BUT we know who holds the future! 
I am certain of this - God will heal Kristi completely and He will take good care of our boys too. God is in Control. Times get difficult here and there and we do experience moments of discouragement BUT He is always faithful to energize us with the strength we need to get through each day, one at a time. 
If you see Austin, Tyler, or Cody remember that they (and I) are merely human, full of errors and mistakes and nowhere near the people that God wants us to be but we all want to be such. I am reminded of the old "preachers" tale of the little boy who is lying frightened in bed under his covers during a thunder storm and his dad calls out from another room "don't worry God is with you". The little boy responds "yes but I need someone with skin on him"! You see we all need another person who God puts in our path some times. So if you see our boys and feel that God has put you in their path for some reason please just be there with a word to lift their pain. 
I cannot tell you how much pain has been lifted from my life by all of your prayers, kind words, and actions. In Him - Jay"

No comments: