Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Under attack...

I humbly ask you, my brothers and sisters at Lamar Ave and beyond, to be in prayer for me regarding recent events in my job.  I have never been afraid to speak of God in front of the students in my classroom, even though I knew that it could someday lead to opposition.  Well...that time has come.  My words and actions have been refuted by a parent who is very upset and is threatening to take it to higher authorities if I continue to talk about God in any way.  Please pray for me, my students, and for the parent I am dealing with.  I never want to be a stumbling block, but I also know that Daniel, Paul, Peter...and the list goes on...were told they weren't allowed to speak the Lord's name, but they knew God was their true King and did not back down from their beliefs and willingness to be a witness.  I need strength and guidance to know when and what to say in my classroom, as well as how to handle the situation at hand if a confrontation ever arises.  I desire to be God's instrument only in the way He wants, so I ask you to pray that I have sincere discernment and wisdom.  Thank you so much...Michelle Anderson

"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied to him, 'King Nebuchadnezzer, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter.  If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from your majesty's hand.  But even if He does not, we want you to know that we will not serve your gods..." Daniel 3:16-18

"Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent.  For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." Acts 18:10

No comments: