Life is NOT fair! But what if God isn't fair? Or what if God's definition of fairness is different than our definition of fairness?
God's Word will not and cannot fail, but that leads to 2 questions:
- Is God free to do whatever He wants?
- Is God fair in the way He treats people?
The case is settled....God is completely free to do whatever he wants.
1. It humbles us by putting us in our proper place. Salvation begins with God, not with us.
2. It glorifies God by putting him in his rightful place as the ruler of the universe.
3. It challenges us to consider the basis of our relationship with God.
4. It gives us assurance of salvation and eternal security.
5. If we WON'T accept God's mercy we will one day face his justice.
- Dot Campbell passed away on Thursday morning, after a horrible car accident last week. Her funeral will be at 10am on Monday morning at Fry Gibbs Funeral Home. The visitation will also be at F.G.F.H. on Sunday evening from 4pm-5pm.
- Roddy and Teresa Allen's grandfather, John Wayne Allen, passed away this last week, his funeral services will be this Wednesday morning (8/19) at 10am at Meadowbrook Cemetary.
- Webber Woodall's aunt, Tommie Ruth Glossup, passed away this morning in Greenville. Funeral services are pending.
- Sarah Smith - Health issues
- Sue Johnson - PRAISE!!! She had hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago today...she was at church yesterday morning.
- Doris Helm - Recovering from knee surgery.
- Webber Woodall - was in PRMC this week. Will be seeing a neurologist for further testing.
- Tyler Anthony - PRAISE! Medical report came back good.
- Adrian Casey - Cancer
- Lance Johnson - ALS
- Kristi Anthony - Mental and physical health
- Austin Mosley - Starts college this week and has an appointment with a heart Dr. in Dallas.
- Heather Cannon - Starts Bible Ministry courses in Lubbock this week.
- Jimmy White - Was to have a stress test last week. After Dr. looked at blood work and he was sent immediately to ER for units of blood.
- Carol McMillan - Has cancer and has been in Baylor/Plano for almost 2 weeks. Has been only given 6 months to live. (Molly's niece.)
- Pat Goolsby - health issues (cousin of Lewis and Carol Anderson)
- Jo Ann Parkman - is having serious back issues.
- Jessica Duren asked for prayers for Harrison Waldrum (Harding graduate and a newlywed) who was in a serious 4 wheeler accident.
TEACHER APPRECIATION LUNCH: We will be honoring the teachers of our community with a luncheon THIS Tuesday, August 18th, as they prepare for the new school year. If you can help provide a dessert, please sign the list located at the Welcome Center. This event gets bigger every year so we are preparing for 450 teachers and staff this year. See James or Kim Hanley if you would like to help prepare, serve or clean up. Thanks for your help!
BLOOD DRIVE: We will be having our next Blood Drive on Wednesday, August 26th. Look for a sign up sheet soon and PLEASE GIVE THE GIFT OF LIFE!!!
APPLES OF GOLD: A bible study will begin Tuesday, September 22, based on Titus 2:3-5. We need 14 "younger women" (40ish and younger) to participate in this study. Please pick up a pink flyer at the Welcome Center if you are interested. We'll meet every Tuesday night for 6 weeks.
PANTRY NEEDS: Instant potatoes
SIMPLE SUPPER: Will start back up in September!
KEEP THE DATE:
Aug 18: Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
Aug 19: Jody Garner - Wed. night speaker
Aug 26: Blood Drive
Aug 30: 5th Sunday PotluckSept 9: Ladies' Bible Class Kickoff
Love you - MEAN IT!