Friday, January 26, 2018

Update on Ezra Fitts 1/26

Update on Ezra Cole Fitts (great grandson of the Roden's):  "As I mentioned yesterday we knew things would get worse before they would get better. Last night Ezra was needing a better blood gas test. (This is where they test the exchange of oxygen and CO2.) He got the better test but over night and this morning he started swinging and desating a lot and requiring more assistance from the ventilator. Dr. August did a X-ray and his lungs are struggling so she decided to put him back on the oscillator. This was the machine he started out on that kinda vibrates him and sends short quick puffs of air. They are hoping this will be easier on his lungs so that they can heal and try to grow. If they see no improvement they are considering a round of steroids again. (Not my favorite option.) For a Mom and Dad this is scary or should I say terrifying. I find myself between strength and fear daily. We have all prayed over Ezra and we are claiming our baby to be healthy and to be able to come home. I know God has him in his hands. It’s human nature to want to cry in fear which I do often but God reminds us that we are never alone and that he has this. So today I’m claiming that everything is going to be ok and that this set back will only benefit us. Now here we are. A step backwards and a test of faith. What do we do? We keep praying. We stand strong. We have FAITH no matter what storm we may endure. God has this."

No comments: