Thursday, March 21, 2019

Update on Jay Anthony - 3/21


Austin posted this update:  We are for sure going home tomorrow. These past five weeks have been challenging and we still have a long road ahead, but things will be much better once we are home...I know there are a ton of people who are going through similar situations and I wanted to share a couple of things. I’m not the best with this type of thing but I hope it helps someone in some way.
•Life is a bi%*#, that’s just reality. We can either let it keep us down or toughen up and deal with it.
•Family and friends are everything. Without my family and some of my close friends, I could not have made it through the tough times over the last 6 1/2 years.
• Say what you want about Paris, TX but I would never want to live anywhere else. The people in our community are amazing and I appreciate you guys so much for all you have done for my family.
•Some injuries are permanent (my mom’s) and some are temporary (my dad’s). Either way, if you know someone who is a caretaker, be sure to help them. I never truly was able to appreciate what my dad has done for my mom until something happened to him. Being a caretaker is tough and lonely at times. Erin and I have had that burden on us for the past 5 weeks and I can’t imagine doing it long term like many have to. Luckily I have two role models in my dad and our friend Spencer Wilson. They both have been caretakers for years and will continue to be. Sometimes all a caretaker needs is a great friend or someone to stop by and say hi. If you know someone in that situation, be sure to be a good friend to them.
•See you tomorrow PTX👌🏼

No comments: