Sunday, July 25, 2010

Prayer Request Update - 7/25 - 8:28pm

Trinia Dean just sent a message that Dennis Malone is on his way to the hospital in Tyler.  His pain has gotten worse and the family requests prayers.

Lesa Bulls sent this update on North Lamar school teacher Sonja Carter"I am slowly recovering from last Wednesday's surgery. They removed my thyroid and some lymph glands and I came home on Thursday afternoon. The pathology on the lumps did reveal that they were cancer. I am to be scheduled for an iodine body scan to look for microscopic cancer cells. After that, I will have something called a radio iodine ablation to kill any remaining cancer cells they find or may have left. I am ready to finish all of this, but I am still really weak and not able to be up for long. Dr. says take it easy for a week or two and then still semi-easy for about a month. This was not at all how I expected my summer to go, but I am thankful it all came to a head at a time when it is less stressful to have to be down. Please pray that all cancer will be extinguished and that I will get my strength back. I will continue to trust my Lord through it all."

No comments: