Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Prayer Request - 8/11 - 1:57pm

Doug Faires sent his message today:  "All my tests with Dr. Hashmi came out good, but he still doesn't like my symptoms.  He's going to do a heart cath on me Saturday."

This is the latest update that Traci posted about Steve Shoemake:  "I can't believe it is already after 12:00! We have been "basking in God's glory" for another good morning. It's given us great peace, and many feel that they can go home and take care of things there, before they return again. I'm so thankful to get to send them home on a good day!
Steve had a pretty good night last night. They decided not to transport him to get a CT scan, so opted to use the portable one. When they laid him flat down, his ICP spiked to 50, but were able to get it back down! When we arrived at the hospital, we went directly to the chapel to praise God and ask for strength and peace. We asked that God continue to heal Steve and work His miracles within.
When we walked in Steve's room, his ICP was at 12 and immediately sent prayers of thanksgiving! The night nurse had also taken time to really clean Steve's wounds on his head and for the first time, he looked like himself again! What great comfort and relief! Through God's grace and mercy, we have been given another beautiful day!

I stand amazed at all the good that's coming from this horrible event in my life, but feel that there are people who are coming to know God. I pray that they will continue to see the miracles and blessings we have been given and will continue to receive!
I also pray that God gives Mallory a small gift from her daddy on her birthday tomorrow! Mallory turns 13 and we plan to hold a small celebration, but she wants nothing more than to have her daddy with her and to see his precious smile again! My love to you all. F.R.O.G."

No comments: