Thank you Kyle for the beautiful song service. Such beautiful singing this morning. I love hearing "There's A Stirring"...it has such moving words!
It's so sad to see our interns leave this year. Krista Smith & Jimmie Harper have been such a valuable asset to, not only the Youth Group, but to LACOC, this summer. We're going to miss you guys!
- Gina Barnett went forward this morning to ask for prayers for her family. Gina stated that she "wanted to lay her burden's at his feet."
- WELCOME: Brian & Jeanette Singleton...They've been working with us already, but now they are officially OURS!
- WELCOME BACK: Crystal Offutt has moved back to Paris to attend PJC. We're so happy to have her back!
- Our sympathy goes out to the Cherry Walker & family. James passed away yesterday morning. Visitation will be Monday night at Bright Holland Funeral Home at 7-9pm and his funeral will be Tuesday morning at 10am at B.H.F.H. James was also the brother of Martha Tingle.
- It was wonderful to see Dennis Malone at worship this morning! We're so glad that he felt good enough to be with us!
- I will continue to update on Steve Shoemake. Specifically pray that the Inter-Cranial Pressure (ICP) goes down to under 20 and that there is no more brain bleeds. The address at the hospital is: Via Christi Regional Medical Center; 929 North St. Francis Street; Wichita, KS 67214-3882
- Leola Horton (friend of Smithy & Kay Allen) will be seeing a neurologist tomorrow (8/9). Kay says "there's something in her head that doesn't belong there".
- Tammy Huffman asked that we continue to remember her Mom and Step-Dad, Linda & Sam Warren. They are continuing to have health problems. And keep her husband Robert on your heart as he is still seeking employment.
- Jerry Smith (Robyn Figgins & Cari Johnson's Dad) is continuing to recover from his cancer surgery. Specifically pray that all the cancer was removed!
- PRAISE: Doug Faires' friend, Linda Loftice, had her back surgery this week and it went well.
SCHOOL BACKPACKS: It's time to start thinking about backpacks for the kiddos at Justiss Elementary. Charlotte Grooms stated that: "I will be glad to take cash if people had rather do that. It makes the kids feel special to get a new backpack. I watch the adds and lot of times you can get 2 for the price of one."
SIMPLE SUPPER: This weeks entree will be Pork Loin. If you didn't get the chance to sign up on Sunday morning, you still have the chance to come and eat with us by calling the church office by noon on Tuesday. Still only $2.
On a personal note....I have been emailing/blogging prayer requests since March of 2007! As of yesterday I've blogged almost 400 times this past year....and I sent out over 600 emails in the 2 previous years. I had envisioned this being a ministry to immediately reach LACOC members, and I believe with my heart, that it has. Thank you all for your encouragement! ~~mw
KEEP THE DATE:
Aug 11: Clint Gage will speak
Aug 15: Bailey Ray's "Blue" Baby Shower
Aug 19: H.A.L.O. meets at 6pm - Outreach Bldg.
Aug 21: Skinner/Holland Wedding
Aug 22: April McClour's "Blue" Baby Shower
Aug 25: Wayne Kerby will speak
Sept 1: Blood Drive
Sept 2: Men's "42" Night