One of our elders, Doug Faires, relayed a message from our elders and ministry staff this morning. They are asking members of LACOC to pray diligently for the next 4 months (Sept-Dec) for our church and for our leadership. We know that if we pray, God will bless us more abundantly than we could ever imagine.
Our sympathy to the Stutsman family as they mourn the loss of Art's Dad, John. His services were held this week in Missouri.
- Chuck Brazile is still in declining health at Plaza Medical in Ft. Worth. He was a alert and talking yesterday.
- Patsy Elliott is recovering from cataract surgery and an accident which wounded her leg.
- Helen Norman is recovering from surgery.
- Kristi Anthony is doing great with physical therapy...just needs more prayers for her memory.
- Tom Wood will have a CT scan on Sept 3. Please pray for complete healing.
- Charlie Rhodes (friend of the Bulls') is waiting for lung biopsy results.
- Donna Archer (a friend of mine) is scheduled for a stem cell transplant on Friday.
- Wanda McFadden has been moved to Heritage House.
- Linda Erwin's friend, Matt Patterson, had a heart cath on Saturday, multiple blockages found. He will have heart by-pass on Monday.
- Former member, Louise Pringle, has just been released from a hospital in Missouri. Rita said that she was severely dehydrated!
- Tim Keele asked for prayers for his Mom, Lucille Smith. She will be having gallbladder surgery.
- Lesa Bulls friend, Sandra Fritchie, is recovering from back surgery. Also, their friend Brad Bush is battling cancer.
- Tanya Welch asked for prayers for her daughter, Kelci Welch, as she spreads her wings she will stay strong and close to God above all else.
- Tanya also asks for prayers for her friend, Emily Smith. She moved out of an abusive marriage. Prayers for her strength and courage as she starts over.
- Misty Ray asked for prayers for Margaret Jones, from Sulphur Springs, as she has moved into the nursing home.
- Becky Skinner (Anita Roden's friend) has been battling cancer and it has now gone into her hip and spine. She's in a lot of pain.
- Robert Slider (co-worker of mine) is at home recovering from double by-pass surgery.
- Remember the Vanderpool's and their mission work in Haiti.
It's always good to see visitors...especially when they are former members! Good to see you today Harold and Peggy Hervey! We miss you!
THANK YOU!!!!! To James and Kim Hanley and all other volunteers who made the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon such a HUGE success. Over 400 teachers and staff personnel were served on Tuesday.
DON'T FORGET....The Faires/Anderson Life Group Shut-In Project: Their group is collecting any items for bags to take to members who are ill or shut-in. There's a basket on the ladies table for any donations you may have. Small items, that will fit into gift bags, are preferred.
Blood Drive: Carter Blood Care will be here on Wednesday, Sept 4th from 4pm-8pm. A sign-up sheet will be available soon.
Simple Supper: This weeks' entrée is Cavatini. Please donate at least $2 per person
Pantry Needs: Canned Meat
KEEP THE DATE:
Aug 28: WSS Speaker -Jerry Savage from Sulphur Springs
Sept 4: Blood Drive
Sept 4: Silver Ring Thing....youth and parents
Sept 8: Faithful Readers
Love you - MEAN IT!!