Patrick explained that the yoke that Jesus talks about, is like a student being in submission to his teacher and learning from him. The yoke symbolizes obedience and Christian obedience includes learning from Christ.
Over the next several weeks he'll be talking to us about spiritual discipline as we CONNECT WITH GOD.
- Ruth Ann Stallings has been released from the hospital.
- Harley Staley has also been released from the hospital.
- Marcus Roden recently had emergency gall bladder surgery in Tyler. At the same time Sharon was in the hospital in Dallas for knee replacement. They are both at home recovering now.
- Adrian Casey is continuing treatments for cancer and is feeling weak at this time.
- Karen Cato - is having some pain due to her shoulder surgery.
- Jacob Duren continues to have problems with his finger that was broken a few weeks ago.
- Keep Clint, Misty and Grayson Gage in your prayers over the next couple of weeks. They've prayed so hard for a baby and hopefully their prayers have been answered! There's a little boy who will have a wonderful Christian home to come home to.
- Tanya Welch's dad, Ben Wallace, was released from the hospital in Texarkana today.
- Benette Russell's dad, Ben Holland, is extremely weak.
- Benette's sister-in-law, Charlotte Russell, has cancer.
- Linda Erwin asked that we pray for their daughter, Allison Chamblee, for relief from back spasms and pain.
- Carole Anderson's cousin, Gwynne Fish, is continuing cancer treatments and pray for her recovery.
- Misty Ray's dad, Gerald Miller, as he continues his recovery from open heart surgery.
- Remember always our troops, missionaries and the families of those killed last week...because they were Christians.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY: Valentin Ramirez, Helen Short, Tom and Betty Neal, Carl Johnson, Jimmy McFadden, Gerald Miller, Robert Wunsch, Carol McMillan, Aiden Tye Walters, Lillian Welch, Paula Anthony, Faye Hanley, Carol Ward, John Wayne Allen, Betty Walsworth, Ben Holland, Michael Terrell, Jillian Ingram, Dr. Chris Manschreck.
PANTRY NEEDS: Canned Fruit and Canned Meat
KEEP THE DATE:
Apr 14: Men's Breakfast
Apr 25: Spring Fling at the Woodall's for KFC families
Apr 26: Katherine Rodgers wedding shower
May 13: Blood Drive
Love you - MEAN IT!