Saturday, February 11, 2017

Update on Maverick Morris 2/11

Kate's first time to hold Maverick!!

This was posted by Katie Morris this afternoon:  The doctors and nursing staff surprised me today by letting me hold my sweet baby boy for the first time since his birthday, February 1st. It's been a week and a half since he's been out in the world. My heart has been heavy since his premature birth. Lots of scary NICU jargon thrown around by doctors and nurses I've never met before who have my son's life in their hands. Trusting total strangers with Maverick's life has been hard. But the entire medical staff has been amazing!! He has a long, tough road ahead as a preemie. I am grateful, thankful, and blessed to have so many churches, friends, and even strangers praying for our sweet little warrior. He is making small improvements every day. Some days it feels like there are more setbacks than improvements, but today was one for the record books. I will never forget how it felt to hold my first child for the first time. I felt my heart burst with love. In that moment there was no fear in my heart for the first time in a week and a half. I only felt pure joy. Thank you all so much for your constant encouragement and prayers. Thank you for checking in on us and sending us snacks and other goodies to help get us through this time. Please continue to pray!!!  Pray Maverick Big. Pray Maverick Strong. Pray Maverick Home. ❤"

No comments: