Thank you Randy for our message from Colossians 2:11-15..."Buried with HIM in Baptism".
I. A spiritual circumcision. (2:11)
II. This spiritual circumcision occurs in baptism. (2:12)
III. The rearticulating of being circumcised in baptism and the results. (2:13-15)
Points to Ponder:
1. What distinguishes our Christian identity?
2. The central action of baptism belongs to God.
3.Our goal must be to convert people to Jesus, not just to get them wet.
4. Frequently remember and reflect upon your own baptism and sees each opportunity to tell others about it.
What is YOUR baptism story?
- Please keep the family of Sarah Smith in your prayers. Sarah's funeral was this past Friday at Fry-Gibbs. We're sure going to miss her and her sweet smile. Keep her "Chicken Foot" friends on your heart too!
- The family of Landon Moore. He is the young man who passed away this past week, from Pattonville.
- Bernard Bollman, Keith Bollman's brother passed away on Friday (2/1). His graveside service/burial will be held Wednesday (2/6) at DFW National Cemetery.
- John Cashion, Doris Moore's brother also passed away on Friday. His service was held today at Red Hill Cemetery.
- W.C. "Dub" Nelson, Charlotte Groom's brother passed away Saturday. His service will be Saturday (2/9) at Hillcrest Baptist in Cedar Hill. His burial will be Monday (2/11) at DFW National Cemetery.
RESPONSE: Cynthis Norris wanted to thank everyone for their prayers. She received good news about her health this week.
- Dana Norman is leading the end of his life. Keep Sharon in your prayers too.
- Kristi Taylor - Health
- Naomi and Johnny Bassett - Prayers for Naomi's health. Johnny had to be moved to another nursing home, out of town, for medication purposes. Hopefully he'll be back in Paris soon!
- Vicki Humphrey - Cancer.
- Carl Haggard - Cancer
- Donna McGee - Cancer.
- Hugh and Jean Anthony - Health
- Jackie Helm - Cancer
- Dorothy Pearce - Health
- Peggy Dotson - Health
- Peggy Wright - Colonial Lodge
- Roy Jones - Heritage House
- Kristi Anthony - Physical and mental health.
- David Kelley had cardiac ablation this past Wednesday. He's just recovered from a prostate surgery but they didn't get all of the cancer so he will need radiation when he has recovered from his ablation. Then at some point he may need a pacemaker. (Laura Cannon's Dad.)
- Gertrude Teague, Monica Jones' grandmother, is leading the end of her life.
- Billy Thomas is having health problems and has very little kidney function. They have said he may require a transplant. (Friend of Jennifer Blount)
- Lakyn Baker - (Dinah Border's great granddaughter) has bronchitis. She's only 3 months old.
- Randy Daw minister at Creekside CoC in Greenville, had brain tumor surgery.
- Billy Icenhower - Cancer, blood clots and receiving dialysis.
- Paul McClain - Is at home and continues rehab at Baylor.
- Holt Price - Cancer. Three year old son of former member Alden Bowers Price.
- The Vanderpools - in Haiti
- Prayers for our students and teachers
- Prayers for our military.
- Prayers for our first responders.
DON'T FORGET: Add your favorite scripture for the year to our picture frames on the front wall of the foyer, across from the office. Memorize and share God's word with one another!
MEN'S BREAKFAST: Tuesday (Feb 5) at 7am. Please sign up at the Welcome Center so food preparation can be made.
FAITHFUL READERS: "Mr. Lee and Mrs. Gray" by Dorothy Love will be discussed on Sunday Feb 10th at 3:30pm. Facilitated by Sherry Welch.
MONDAY MOVIE NIGHT: "The Blind Side" will be shown on Monday, Feb 11th at 6:45 p.m.
YOUNG WOMEN'S BIBLE STUDY: Starting Wednesday March 6th there will be a new bible study, starting at 10am. Babysitting will be provided. Books will be available in the office. Please sign up at the Welcome Center if you are interested and how many kids you will bring so plans can be made for sitters.
PANTRY NEEDS: Canned corn or green beans, canned soups with meat, laundry detergent
RAINBOW ROOM: Jeans ALL sizes
SIMPLE SUPPER: This weeks' entrée is CHILI DOGS!
Keep The Date:
Feb 1-28: I LOVE MY YOUTH GROUP MONTH
Feb 5: Men's Breakfast - John Cannon speaker
Feb 10: Faithful Readers
Feb 11: Monday Movie Night - The Blind Side
Feb 20: Blood Drive
Feb 22-23: LACOC Ladies Retreat
Mar 6: Young Women's Bible Study begins
Mar 18-22: Spring Break
Mar 31: 5th Sunday Fellowship
Mar 29-31: Jr. High Retreat at CDR
Love you - MEAN IT!