And...thank you Keith for the beautiful song service. I loved hearing "I Am Mine No More"! (It always reminds me of our sweet brother Dub Bassett.)
We have the opportunity to be a part of a Medical Evangelism for the Mexico flood victims. They are in need of these items: Vitamins, Aspirin, Tylenol, Glasses and School Supplies.
- Michelle Anderson went forward this morning asking for prayers. She's been having some health issues and stated that the "worries about my health have taken away my zeal". Please keep Michelle on your heart, she's going through some medical testing and awaiting the test results.
- Sarah Smith's brother, Tommy Clem's, graveside services are at 11:00am tomorrow (Monday) at Evergreen Cemetery
- Elijah Friesen, a local 5 year old, received a new heart today at Children's Medical Center. He's been on the transplant list for quite some time. Praise God for this miracle!
- Paul Cook, a Senior at Paris High School, was in a very serious accident on Thursday night, out on the Loop. His SUV was trapped beneath an 18 wheeler and Paul came out with only minor injuries! God was definitely with Paul that night!
- Corey Gray was released from the hospital today and is home! The family thanks everyone for their prayers and good wishes!
- Kari Ann Cannon asked for prayers for her parents as they are dealing with their elderly parents, who are in declining health.
- Continue to remember Naomi and Johnny Bassett. Johnny has not been feeling well lately.
- Shane & Tanya Welch and their kids were ALL ill today.
- Valerie (Preston) DiBello passed away on Friday. She is the daughter of Bobby & Jimmy Preston.
- Dinah Border's friend, Lynn Ray Graham, has cancer and is not doing well at this time.
- Angela Heath (Tammy Huffman's friend) has started her cancer treatments and is in pain. She specifically needs prayers for comfort.
- The Huffman family also had a PRAISE report...Robert got the job at Kimberly Clark that he'd been hoping for.
- Derald Bulls sent this message: "Please add Dickie Porche to the prayer list. He is in the hospital in an Abilene hospital. Dickie had a ruptured mitral valve and had to have emergency open heart surgery. Dickie’s son, Ryan, was DJ’s roommate at ACU and they were in each other’s weddings. Dickie is the minister of administration for the Highland Church of Christ, Abilene."
- Mazie Brockinton (Lesa Bulls' Mom) is having health issues.
- Jerry Smallwood will have cancer surgery on his ear this Thursday. Jerry is the nephew of Sue Munday.
- Sandy Keith (former LACOC member) has been suffering from the shingles.
- Linda Erwin asked for prayers for Casey & Renae Bryans and their children, Luke, Jordon & Molly. They serve as missionaries at a boy's home in Quito, Ecuador. Please keep them in your prayers as there is unrest between the military and police.
- Jenifer Cooper's friend, Dustin Harris, is going through some health issues at this time and a possibility of MS.
- Mark Barnett's Mom, Janet Barnett, has shingles for the third time.
- Mark also asked for prayers for his friend, Kyle Lane, that he will follow God's will.
TRUNK OR TREAT: Tanya has a sign-up sheet on the Welcome Center for those wanting to host a car or help in other ways. This is SO much fun for the kids and adults too!
SIMPLE SUPPER: This week’s entree will be a special Beans & Cornbread. If you didn't get the chance to sign up on Sunday morning, you still have the chance to come and eat with us by calling the church office by noon on Tuesday. Still only $2 per plate.
BENEVOLENCE CLOTHES CLOSET: Fall/Winter clothing is needed for the closet. Especially back to school clothing for children of all ages!
PANTRY NEEDS: Toothpaste
KEEP THE DATE:
Oct 10: Faithful Readers @4pm
Oct 10: Deacon's Meeting - Room 6 @ 4:30pm
Oct 17: LIFE Groups
Oct 19: H.A.L.O. @6pm (Project: Pantry items)
Oct 31: 5th Sunday Format
Oct 31: Trunk or Treat
Nov 10: Blood Drive
Nov 19-21: Family Retreat - sign-ups will begin soon.