Thursday, May 2, 2013

Update on Kristi Anthony - 5/2

Posted by Jay this morning:  2 Cor 12:8-10 "...So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffered for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong." AND 2 Cor 10:15 "Nor do we boast and claim credit for the work someone else has done."
"The devil loves it when we challenge the integrity of God's ways, plans, or purpose. When we demand a way the seems better for us we are removing the blessing that God has in store for us. We are foolish to tell God to do it another way. What right does the clay have to question the potter? 
Furthermore, what right do we have to take credit for something that God has done? What about taking credit for something virtuous or spiritual that is evident in our life? That would be foolishness because that virtue or spiritual "fruit" is OF God and not ourselves.
I only know this because I spent most of my life trying to be strong and do things my way. Believe me when I say this ended very badly for me and others. Through this I have had to trust God alone because it was way bigger than my ability to control or even understand. He has been faithful and He has received the glory. He alone is GOOD.
I am weak, Kristi is weak, our boys are weak, and Sandy is weak BUT He is strong! God is in Control and I thank him for sending one of you each day to be His messenger in our life. - Jay"

No comments: