Thursday, July 21, 2016

Update on Sherry Welch 7/21

Sherry posted this update at 9pm:  I wanted to update everyone about my visit with Dr. Schoenvogel in Dallas this morning. I liked the doctor immediately (a miracle right there!) I had picked up a disk that was supposed to contain all the info he would need. Unfortunately it was missing the main info, the CT. So I had to come back, pick up another disk & mail it to him. But while we (Tanya and i) were there, we discussed the possibility of cryosurgery, and he said IF the CT doesn't show that the tumor is too deep or located where it would interfere with the kidney's job of blood gathering & dispensing, then cryosurgery would be an excellent option. A date and time was set for this procedure: high noon, August 17. He will call me as soon as he gets the disk that I mailed this afternoon, and tell me whether we can move forward with the cryosurgery, or if part or all of the kidney will have to be removed. Since it is functioning perfectly, I'd really like to keep it, so my prayer request from those of you who pray, is for the tumor to be located in the optimal place for cryosurgery. I will update when I hear from the doctor. I just want to thank everyone for the many prayers, calls, & notes of concern. Until you need it, you just can't imagine how it bolsters you & helps you stay positive. I love you all and thank you so much! ❤

No comments: