SYMPATHY: Bradley Cole, Dinah Borders' great-nephew who she raised when he was little, passed away this week. His funeral service will be tomorrow morning and lunch will be served at LACOC.
- Tanessa Cowan has accepted a position to teach kindergarten in Guatemala. She will be there for one year at an English speaking Christian school. She asks for prayers for this new adventure and especially for the children she will be teaching. Sunday will be her last day here..
- Sherry Welch was diagnosed with Renal Cell Carcinoma this past Wednesday. She has already met with a specialist and will have surgery on August 17th.
- Julie Rook had breast cancer surgery, this past Wednesday. She is now at home. Once she heals she'll start 8-12 weeks of radiation.
- Elizabeth Shew - Health
- Roy Jones - Health
- Harley and Lucy Staley - Health
- Paul and Carol Helton - Health
- Joel Casey - Health
- Webber Woodall - Health
- John Figgins - Cancer
- Louise Peace - Health
- Kristi Anthony - Mental and physical health
- Lance Johnson - ALS
- Renee Crews - Had surgery in Dallas this week, is at home now. (Former member)
- Carol McMillan - (Molly's niece) Cancer
- Missionaries all over the world
- All First Responders!!
DIRECTORY PICTURES—It is time to make your appointment for our church directory pictures. THEY WILL BE SET-UP IN THE FOYER AGAIN ON SUNDAY! You can also schedule on your own from your home computer or your phone. Go to our church website lacoc.org and click on the Life Touch banner. Sign up SOON! You will want to get your appointment scheduled before time slots fill up.
LATCH KEY—Lamar Avenue Latch Key afterschool program is looking for a caregiver to work with kids K - 5th grade. Position requires a high school diploma or GED, a background check as well as a fingerprint check and CPR & First Aid training. Hours are Mon. - Fri. 2pm till 6pm, 20 total hours per week starting August 15th. CPR and First Aid training will be provided. If interested please call James Hanley at 903-517-8794 for further information or questions.
FOR THE KIDS—We have "SMART NOTES" aka….Worship Notes for Kids on the Welcome Center for those with school age kids who want to take notes or draw a picture of the lesson during the sermon. You can find Michelle Anderson and show her your "smart note" each week to get your "smartie" prize!!!
FAITHFUL READERS—will not meet in August but will regroup on September. 11th. You have plenty of time to read the book, All the Way Home, by Ann Tatlock. Linda Vickers will lead the discussion. Everyone is welcome to join!
FOR ALL AGES AND FAMILIES: Get ready for the new Splash Kingdom in Greenville, TX. We will be taking a group there on July 26th. THIS MONDAY!!! Cost is $20.00 per per son and is due no later than July 20th. You can place payment in the drop box of our new Youth Information Center at the end of the foyer hall. All 5th grade and under MUST have an adult chaperone.
PANTRY NEEDS: Cereal and Shampoo
RAINBOW ROOM ITEMS: Summer Clothes (all sizes) / Toddler socks
KEEP THE DATE
July 26th—Splash Kingdom
July 31st—5th Sunday Fellowship
Aug. 3rd—Blood Drive
Aug 3rd—Youth led Worship
Aug. 9th—13th—Pictorial Directory
Aug 14th - Apples of Gold Sign-up
Aug. 21st—Visitor Luncheon
Aug 31st—Back To School Bash
Love you - MEAN IT!